Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Big Sky-Montana

Such beauty; don't think I have ever seen as much beauty as from Billings to Missoula.  The Continental Divide, the headwaters of the Missouri, rock formation and just the memories of playing cowboy and Indians with my brother, Jerry.  Before that term became politically incorrect, we play and played and had no feelings about good Indians, bad Indians, good cowboys or bad, we just played.  The rimrocks have scrub trees at the top and we would lay behind a mound of dirt and pretend we were about to be attacked.  All the western movies of Tom Mix, The Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, Gene Audrey and Hopalong Cassidy could have played their roles better than we did.  "Those were the days"
And, as I entered the motel tonight, I saw me and Taylor 15 years from now.  I'm bent, carrying a cane, salt and pepper hair and walking at .001 miles per day or less.  Taylor is patient, kind and carrying on a conversation with me.  There is a time for everything under the sun. 
Two tiny pills plus a couple more helped me to lose 5 pounds today.  3 pounds at Albertsons in Billings and 2 more at Butte.  I was lucky.  I may have lost a few more at most inconvenient times if you know what I mean.  Guess I have to be more careful when I take laxatives.
Plan to leave here tomorrow by 9:30 or earlier so that I can be in Richland by dinner.  Take care, my friends, 

No comments:

Post a Comment