Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Taking Time

Using a laptop is new for me.  Not trying to excuse my neglect in blogging but it has been harder for me than just going into my office, sitting down and typing what is on my mind at the time.  While traveling I find myself thinking about cute or informative comments I could make but by the time I get somewhere where I can use this communicative tool it just doesn't seem that important anymore.  This weekend I'm at Michelle's by myself so should give me some time to hit ya'll with some tribble. 
Alexis is getting to the age where she prefers to play with her friends and gramoo is not so limber anymore that I can sit on the floor and play Pet Shop with her.  Actually gramoo isn't a whole lot of fun anymore.  Probably need therapeutic counseling to address how to have a long distant relationship with a grandchild.  I've written letters, sent gifts and talked on the phone.  Phone calls don't go well because gramoo has a hard time finding open ended questions.  Oh well, I raised good kids who are raising good kids...my work here is done. 
Living in Arizona has increased my desire to pursue my faith.  Jesus Christ is front and center and, as long as this is true, my family will continue to prosper and have love in their hearts for me and all people. 
Michelle and I have had fun going wine tasting and only wish my adopted daughter, Kristi could be with us.  Kristi and Michelle would keep me laughing.  They are both such great people. 
I miss the newspaper.  This generation seem to get all their news via the internet and I still like the feel of a newspaper and the spreading out of the paper reading each section.  I generally read every word because I drink a pot of coffee while reading and get interesting topics to discuss while I'm at the fitness center.  My routine of visiting the fitness center is missed.  I enjoy going at least 3 times a week.  It makes me feel so good and helps me to not be depressed. 
Counting blessings is something I have trouble with.  I have to be reminded that there are so many people out there who have terrible afflictions who rise above it.  Watching a boy right now who is 8 years old and has prosthetics on both hands and both feet.  A blood disease caused his limbs to be amputated.  He is happy and working with other amputee kids helping them to realize their potential.  Please God, help me to not wallow in self-pity.  Help me to help someone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment