Saturday, July 13, 2013

Two Months from Home

Yes, Maricopa by September 12th or before.  Right now I plan to be home by 9/10.  Gosh, how that date seems to stick in my mind.  September 11 will always be an important date.  Since that time so many bad things have happened.  Maybe because of 9/11 all acts of terrorism or natural causes make a major impact on me.  Shootings, hurricanes, tornados, wild fires they all result in death and destruction.  Where are the happy times?  My thankfulness is with the young who have such aspirations for the future.  God is so good giving youth hope and faith, if only in themselves, to continue what has been so graciously given them to protect.  I question my faith as I have concern for my children and grandchildren.  Will they find happiness in family and friends, keeping them close and overlooking shortcomings.  It is definitely my prayer that Jesus be a part of their lives. 
Tonight is not particularly happy for me.  I am not feeling well.  My stomach hurts and I have a headache.  Bobby and Jerry are going to a V8 Ford party tomorrow and I'm invited to attend but think I will stay home and just stay quiet.  The humidity is 40 or more and it is taking me awhile to acclimate.  Ya'll know about our Arizona "dry" heat. 
Take care, my friends and Angel.  Angel, I think you are the only family who may read these once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment