Monday, July 15, 2013

No AC

Air conditional isn't something many people in Billings Montana find necessary.  My brother being one of them.  The humidity is anywhere from 25 to 40 percent and since Arizona has "dry" heat I'm suffering.  Been a little sick to my stomach for the past few days so looking forward to changing venues to my other brother's house.  Dale past away a few years ago but his wife and I are close and she will use the air.  Not a low as I would like but good just the same. 
It has been a great trip thus far.  Probably a little too much eating out but that sort of comes with the territory, right?  Last night friends took us to a very nice steak house and because I had only had my smoothie I was starved.  Had ribeye steak, loaded baked potato and Caesar salad.  Couldn't eat all of it but sure did make a dent in it.  I love it. 
Today I have been reading most of the day.  Jerry is working, Bobby played bridge this morning and is now with the friend who is accompanying her to China in October.  She could have asked me but honestly I'm glad she didn't.  14 hours on a coach flight to China doesn't really appeal to me. Almost like a slow boat to China.   My trip to Israel was 13 hours and I would go again in a minute.  But for some reason, China does not have much of a pull for me.  I'm sure it will be very interesting but it is a tour and more that 20 people are going. 
I'm really tired.  My oldest and wife are celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary at the end of the month and my youngest will be 40 in November.  Memories, memories.  So many things I would have done differently but Jesus tells me everyday not to look at the past or future.  Only today is my gift.  I love all of you who may read this and so many more who do not.  I'm thinking of a creative writing class when I get back to Maricopa.  We have a new community college 5 minutes from my house and writing is something I enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment