Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dizzy Dame

That title is coining an old, old name from the past.  My mom used it frequently when describing a buxom blonde having a bit more fun than she felt was necessary.  Fortunately she never saw her daughter in action back in the day.  Always best behavior when mom is present, right? 
Funny after reaching 71 I still vividly remember being my younger me.  Sometimes I feel ashamed of my behavior but other times, particularly since truly accepting our Lord Jesus, I'm grateful for the experience and wisdom it has given me.  My prayer now is that I will be able to give some guidance to young people.  They too will have to struggle with hard decisions but possibly they will remember how precious they are in God's sight and view their bodies as temples of beauty. 
Sometimes I guess I get a little too preachy.  Sometimes I think what I say is going to turn people off . Sometimes I know that I'm not going to live in this world forever.  Sometimes I wonder what the future holds.  "Sometime" can boggle our minds.  God never changes.  He is the same today, tomorrow and forever.  Believing that forces the "sometime" to vanish into the world and keeps us safe in his arms.  I found him. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment