Sunday, November 15, 2009

Writing Stories

Alexis will have a new story by this time next week. Putting together the pages and finding a cartoonish picture of "Ranger Rick" will complete the labor of love. Alexis is my angel and a blessing from God. She was created to do God's work even if she isn't aware of it. Friday was Michelle's 39th birthday and today Jason turns 36. Where has the time gone? Seems like yesterday that they, along with brother, Brian were climbing Multnomah Falls with me. Jason needed me to carry him some of the time but, for 3 years old, he was quite a trooper. I get a little teary as I recall those days and realize that before long he will carry me. It may be 20 years from now but eventually those beautiful little children will carry me through as I deteriorate. With God's help and dedication on my part, I pray I will be able to write about the past. Because technology is taking us on such a speeding ride into the future, it would be easy for my children and grandchildren to lose sight of how hard life was on the farm. Now there's a thought, maybe this blog will be the start of my true life novel.

2 comments: