Monday, October 12, 2009

Goose Bumps

Goose Bumps always show up on my butt when nerves start to get the best of me. Today is the second of a series of three injections for my neck. "What you don't know won't hurt you" is how the saying goes but, guess what, now I know. The procedure is very surgical from defining the area with drapes to swapping with iodine and finally deadening the area with a gun that feels like being snapped with a rubber band. Being awake and having the doctor tell me he is about to stick a needle into four or five places in my neck is giving me the shiffers right now. After it is over, his assistant cleans me up, gives me a bottle of juice and tells me to set up my next appt with the receptionist. After the first time it took about 30 minutes before I felt I could drive. Hopefully I can find my way to the next doctor of whom has been reluctant to refill my RX. Maybe if my appearance gives the impression that my perscription is the difference between life and death, he will be less judgemental. Wish me well, literally, and say a prayer. Knowing Jesus is holding my hand and riding with me gives me courage. love to all of you. gramoo

No comments:

Post a Comment