Monday, June 29, 2009

Don't miss the chance

Pastor Matt is pretty funny.  Somewhere between Jeff and Scott.  He related a dentist story that will stick with me.  Their baby of 6 months was beginning to cut teeth and, because Matt and his wife had not been since college, they were afraid they were grossing out their daughter so to the dentist Matt went.  It was Monday, he was tired and cranky so wasn't much in the mood for his dental consult.  It was funny and I could tell you the whole thing but you might get bored and miss the point.  The point being that when the dentist asked his profession, he said, "Pastor".  Instead of the dentist changing the subject, he asked why did he become a pastor.  Matt gave an off the cuff answer like, "I like kids and people."  He said he regretted that and should have said, "Because I love the Lord, Jesus Christ.  He is my Savior.  We do miss lots of opportunities and I will try to remember this story to help me be a better witness.  As for the trip, I'll be in Portland for the 4th and then on to Eastern Washington and Glacier Park.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy, it's great to hear from you! I now have you as a bookmark and look forward to hearing about your journey and adventures!! Love ya, Debbie

    ReplyDelete