Sunday, September 1, 2013

This is getting toward the end

Now don't get excited; not the end of the world, the end of the road, nor the end of things.  It is merely the end of vacation or nearly.  I will be leaving Portland on the 5th.  After a stop in Eugene for lunch with friends and an overnight with a friend in Roseburg, I will be off to Fresno, Ca.  I stayed there last summer on the way home.  The Hampton Inn is easy to find, clean and a nice free breakfast is offered. I won't attempt to get home from Fresno.  My next stop will be Kingman for another night.  Really didn't want to spend the money but I was just too tired last year when I tried to make it in just one overnight.
Fun times haven't come to an end.  Yesterday we spent the day at a coach friend of Brian's.  Wonderful family who specialize in authentic Mexican food.  I felt I was back in Dayton enjoying the hospitality of all my friends who worked for the cannery.  Hispanic friends are some of the best you can have.  I pray I can be as happy as they made us feel yesterday. 
Today is another BBQ day.  Ashley and Taylor have friends coming so there will be at least 10 here to enjoy the day. 
Tomorrow Brian has suggested the horse races.  Neither of my grandkids have been and Brian remembers how much fun he had in Dayton when we all went to the races.  In Dayton you could go to the paddock and see the horses and jockeys up close.  Don't know if it works that way here as it is probably bigger and more sophisticated. 
We were just going through memorabilia that I brought with me from Billings that belonged to my mother.  Lots of pictures and letters.  I was wondering how archiving of memories will work in the future.  Memories sticks just don't seem the same but, for this generation, it will be just what the doctor ordered.  Glad my son still finds these things I shared with him relevant. 
There isn't quite as much material recorded from this trip as I had hoped.  I'm lazy and find myself reading a book rather than writing one of my own.  Perhaps, if I live up to my promises, I will try to put whatever I did record into a comprehensible and interesting rendition.   

No comments:

Post a Comment