Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Life moves with the speed of light

How could 7 days have passed so quickly since I last blogged.  Youth seems to be fading slowly but my ability to acquire wisdom is fading rapidly.  There has to be some very deep psychology in that sentence.  Today is my grandson, Taylor's 13th birthday.  He is a sweet boy and I love him dearly.  He is one of the reasons I want to live to be 90.  In 20 more years he will come to me as he did when he was 8 and want to play.  It's that youth thing again.  My mom was taken for granted by me because of her unconditional love.  Even now I know I did not give her the recognition she so deserved for being the best mom ever.  Side note for me to remember:  God is all and more of my mom.  How often do I give Him the credit He deserves.  May I begin today.
Back again so soon, it is only the 13th of November, my daughter's 42nd birthday.  How well I remember that time of my life running hither and yon keeping up with two boys, a girl and the pastor of a church.  Trying to be everything to everyone and selfishly taking credit.  If someone, including my daughter, who are in their 40's and trying to understand their role in life, let me just say, "Please take each day one at a time and don't get overly excited about things you can't control."  Do the best you can raising your kids but don't go into overdrive blaming yourself if some things don't go according to plan.  It will work out.  God is there all day everyday in control.  He only asks that we do our best.  Do we not tell our own children the very same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment