Saturday, December 11, 2010

'tis the season

"Little children nestled in their beds while visions of sugar plums dance in their heads" Wouldn't it be wonderful if Christmas was just filled with happiness, love, joy, food we don't ordinarily eat, eggnog with 10,000 calories in every sip and family gathered together around a table adorned with a feast fit for a king. But, people are sick, people are dying, people are afraid, people are alone. My giving to those in need in no way causes me to feel the threat of losing my home or my dignity. I know I can't begin to save all those who need just the basic necessities. I can pray that we can all be conscience of the injustice in our society. God is in charge. Jesus came to teach. The holy spirit fills us. We hear this every year but, here it is again. Let us keep Christ in Christmas all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment