Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Glitter of Christmas

Christmas in Montana always meant lot of snow. The flakes were huge and would fall all day. If the wind blew the drifts would be 4 or 5 feet deep. And, it was cold. -20 or -30 was not uncommon. At night, when the snow and wind had stopped, the moon, stars and Milky Way seemed so close I could touch them. It was so quiet and peaceful and beautiful. Because it was so cold the snow glistened like diamonds. The window in the bedroom where I slept was just to the right of my head and the light from the moon would shine through. I wish I had know back then how much God loves me. He gave so many signs in those beautifully peaceful moments. School was rarely cancelled back then because of snow and slick roads so it was not until Saturday that my brother and I would make the circle for Fox and Goose. We would be bundled up with so many clothes and boots that running from each other was very comical. We spent more time falling down then we did catching each other. I hated the farm and could hardly wait to get away and make my way to the big city. One thing I learned, trust God and don't be in such a big hurry.

2 comments:

  1. I miss the "diamond snow"...and the stillness and quiet that followed. Nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete